The publications on this webpage are directly sponsored by David Rubel Associates. For each publication, information came to attention of the author while working on client directed endeavors. The information was then developed as a public policy publication independent of any client sponsor. These publications are devoted to identifying systemic problems in state and city government and offering practical solutions. Prior to becoming a publication, all projects first have to meet two criteria: no one else is addressing the issue; the goal of the research is significant improvements in the lives of people. I welcome comments from readers.
- Algebra 1 Common Core Regents Exam Transition Discussion Paper Update December 2016 Update. Download PDF.
- Discussion Paper: Bracing for the Storm New York’s Transition to the Common Core Regents Exam. June 2016 Update. Download PDF
- Discussion Paper: Can we hope to see the next Richard Branson, David Boies, Whoopi Goldberg, Charles Schwab, Steven Spielberg, and Wendy Wasserstein in New York City’s Top Public High Schools? April 2016 Update. Download PDF
- Should the New York State Education Department (NYSED) do more to help students, especially English language learners and students with disabilities, succeed with the transition to the Common Core Regents Exams? The good news is that useful and easy to implement recommendations are readily available. November 2015. Download PDF
- Equity Discussion Paper: Should the New York City Department of Education Increase the Number of Screened High Schools for Outer-Borough Academically Strong Students. September 2015. Download PDF
- Discussion Paper: First Year Results (2013-2014) from the New Common Core Algebra and ELA Regents Exams Warrant a Public Response from the New York State Education Department. Download PDF
- A Question for Discussion- Can we hope to see the next Richard Branson, David Boies, Whoopi Goldberg, Charles Schwab, Steven Spielberg, and Wendy Wasserstein in New York City’s Top Public High Schools? 2013, with Sept. 2014 update. Download PDF
- From Expletives to Accolades: A Proposal for the Re-Structuring of New York City Housing Court. 1997. Download PDF
- Stem the Tide: A New Certification Program for Government Benefit Advocates as a Response to the Growing Crisis in Poor Communities. 1997. Download PDF